2020 Open Enrollment for Medicare

2020 Open Enrollment for Medicare

Open enrollment for Medicare 2020 will start on October 15 and will run through December 7, 2019. Senior residents of Michigan ages 65 years and older seeking insurance coverage should act quickly. You must sign up for your Medicare Supplement or Advantage plan during this period to obtain coverage.  Residents in the metro Detroit area can trust Plan IV to help them navigate options for the best health insurance in Michigan.

Medicare Part A and B offer the basic healthcare benefits, including:

  • Hospitalization: Coverage for Medicare (Part A) daily copays, plus 365 additional days after Medicare benefits end. In addition to the basic benefits, Medicare Plan B also provides coverage for your Medicare Part A deductibles for hospitalization.
  • Medical expenses: Coverage for Medicare (Part B) co-insurance (20% of Medicare-approved costs) or copays for doctors' services, hospital outpatient services, and other medical services.
  • Blood: First three pints of blood each year.
  • Hospice: Co-insurance for inpatient respite care and copays for hospice outpatient prescription drugs.

In addition to what you will receive in a standard Medicare plan, Medicare supplement insurance plans are known to be an accompaniment to an existing Medicare plan. The main objective of a Medicare supplement or Medicare Advantage plan is to help alleviate the accumulating costs of healthcare services. Some of those costs include:

  • A set amount called a deductible you pay before Medicare starts paying. Medicare has two deductibles: one for Part A, which covers hospital services, and one for Part B, which covers medical services.
  • Hospital expenses applied after you meet your Part A deductible. Medicare pays your expenses for the first 60 days you're in the hospital. Then, you start paying each day you’re in the hospital thereafter. That amount increases the longer you're in the hospital after 60 days.
  • A portion of the cost of most services after you meet your Part B deductible. Medicare pays 80 percent of your costs and you will pay the other 20 percent.

Medicare Supplement and Advantage Plans sold during Open Enrollment start on January 1, 2020, so contact Plan IV right now to ensure that you and your loved one are covered for the new year. We are your local insurance experts, yet we have access to a wide variety of health care plans and can offer you plans with as little as $0 premium. We offer a personalized touch that is difficult to find with larger providers. As a leading company enrolling residents in the best insurance plans in Michigan, we understand the specific needs and concerns shared by Michiganders, and we can find solutions for all types of situations.

Keep in mind that there is also a Medicare Advantage open enrollment period for existing Medicare Advantage customers from January 1 to March 31 annually. Within this timeframe, you can switch from one Medicare Advantage plan to another, and the option remains to return to the standard Medicare supplement plan. Keep in mind if you only have Part A and Part B, you should also enroll in a singular Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan. Please remember that only someone already enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan can participate in this extended enrollment period.

Take advantage of Medicare open enrollment for 2020 right now by calling Plan IV for your  health quote at (248) 689-4910. If you have questions about our plans or services, you can also reach out to us through the contact form on our website.